Monday 15 November 2010

Too Faced Enchanted Glamourland review and swatches

From the moment I saw the first picture about this palette, I knew I wanted Too Faced's holiday palette Enchanted Glamourland. Unluckily for me, this particular products wasn't available in the UK, but after weeks of stalking eBay with no luck, my husband announced he was going to America on a business trip. So I gave him a little list of things I'd liked and he bought them for me! (I also got Lancome Shimmer Blush in Mandarin sky that I'd been really wanting ever since I saw Christine's review on it over at Temptalia.)


So since this products isn't available in the UK, I'm guessing this might be a UK exclusive review? (Please correct me if that's not the case, I don't want to offend anyone.) Anyway, Enchanted Glamourland is a super pretty palette that includes 15 eyeshadows (4 exclusives), a blush, a bronzer, a lipgloss and a full sized Insurance Policy eyeshadow primer. It costs $49 plus tax. It is a very pretty girly palette with fairies, flowers, butterflies and tons of glitter on the packaging.

There's quite a good variety in colours and finishes among the eyeshadows, although a lot of shades are quite shimmery, so if you don't like shimmer, this palette might not be for you. There are a few matte and neutral shades in there too though. I like a lot of things about this palette: the blush (La Vie En Rose), the bronzer (Snow Bunny), the full size primer (Urban Decay please take note!), the fact that the included lipgloss is a proper lipgloss and not part of the palette, and I like it that they included 3 cards with looks to inspire.

The eyeshadows themselves are nice, there's a nice variety of colours and finishes and there are also 4 new shades (oddly only called Exclusive (all 4 of them!), even though all other shades have proper names). There are of course a few shades that have been included in other palettes, I'm sure I already own Boy Toy, Label Whore, Glamazon and George & Wheezie from last year's Glamour Revolution palette, but all in all I think this is a great palette and not only that, it is sooooo pretty! (Having mentioned Glamour Revolution, this year's palette is way better value, so if you missed out on GR, definitely get Enchanted Glamourland if you can!)

Okay then, enough of the review, let's see some more pictures and swatches!



Back of the outer box

Cover of the palette (look at all that glitter!)

Inside the palette

La Vie En Rose blush and Snow Bunny bronzer

The look cards are included in this little pocket

The eyeshadow palette in the pull out drawer

Eyeshadows

Top row: In The Buff, Exclusive, George & Wheezie, Velvet Revolver, Honey Pot
Bottom row: Teddy Bear, Exclusive, Boy Toy, Peach Fuzz, Exclusive
Taken with flash

Top row: Teddy Bear, Exclusive, Boy Toy, Peach Fuzz, Exclusive
Bottom row: Label Whore, Glamazon, Exclusive, Ooh & Aah, Stiletto
Taken with flash

Top row: In The Buff, Exclusive, George & Wheezie, Velvet Revolver, Honey Pot
Bottom row: Teddy Bear, Exclusive, Boy Toy, Peach Fuzz, Exclusive
Taken without flash

Top row: Teddy Bear, Exclusive, Boy Toy, Peach Fuzz, Exclusive
Bottom row: Label Whore, Glamazon, Exclusive, Ooh & Aah, Stiletto
Taken without flash

All 15 shades (no flash)

Snow Bunny bronzer (mixed), Snow Bunny bronzer (individual shades), La Vie En Rose blush 
Taken without flash

Snow Bunny bronzer (mixed), Snow Bunny bronzer (individual shades), La Vie En Rose blush 
Taken with flash

Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk

Have you purchased this or any other palette from Too Faced's holiday collection? Are you planning to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...