Wednesday 9 March 2011

Myface Cosmetics Haul: Bling Tone eyeshadows and Gigabyte lipsticks

I'd been wanting to try out Myface Cosmetics Bling Tone eyeshadows ever since they appeared in Boots, but I was always a bit hesitant since they cost £9.99 each, however, when they were on offer (3 for 2) the other day, I couldn't resist them anymore. And as there were 4 shades I wanted to try out, I ended up buying two of their Gigabyte lipsticks too. The lipsticks cost £9.99 each too and the 3 for 2 offer is still on by the way!


The eyeshadows are very very sparkly, they look like pressed glitter. They come in 10 shades, although my Boots only carries 5 which is just as well, otherwise I might have bought them all. I got Bellbottom Blues, Purple Haze, Morocco and Gilt-y. I've worn two of them so far and I didn't experience much fall out or creasing at all (you do need a base though), but the glitter does migrate a little bit after several hours of wear. Not a big deal for me. The colour payoff isn't that great, but with some layering you can build up the colour, and I gues it might suit those better who just want a sheer wash of colour as the shadows in the pan do look quite scary. The blue one is the most pigmented, it is a beautiful colour, can't wait to try it out.

Now onto the lipsticks. I bought Strawberry Fields and Sweet Dreams. Strawberry Fields is a bright pinky red, Sweet Dreams is a rosy nude colour. Both are really pretty, have smooth textures, feel lovely on the lips, quite moisturising in fact. The don't last too long as they are quite slippery on the lips, but if you don't mind reapplying, they are pretty nice lipsticks. 

With the 3 for 2 offer the price was okay, but to be honest, the packaging, especially the lipsticks still feels a bit on the cheap side. I personally don't like white or see through packaging much, I prefer black, it just looks more classy.

See more photos, swatches and a look I created after the jump!


Strawberry Fields, Sweet Dreams, Bellbottom Blues, Purple Haze, Morocco, Gilt-y

Strawberry Fields, Sweet Dreams, Bellbottom Blues, Purple Haze, Morocco, Gilt-y
With flash

Strawberry Fields, Sweet Dreams, Bellbottom Blues, Purple Haze, Morocco, Gilt-y
Without flash

Strawberry Fields, Sweet Dreams, Bellbottom Blues, Purple Haze, Morocco, Gilt-y
Without flash under bright indoor light

Finally here's the look I created with Purple Haze (in crease) as well as some new Paul & Joe eyeshadow duos (to be reviewed soon) and Strawberry Fields lipstick.





2 comments:

  1. I was interested in these but like you say pricey!! Im not keen on the colour pay off will stick with sugarpill me thinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the morococco after seeing it was kate moss's favorite color. it looks amazing. i've had so many compliments it's crazy:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...