Friday 7 October 2011

The Great 30 Day Lipstick Challenge - Week 3

Now that I'm into the second half of my 30 day lipstick challenge, I am having more of a difficulty picking out the lipsticks I want to wear. Even though there are approx. 60 lipsticks in the box with a variety of different shades and finishes, I feel that I find it hard choosing. Also I want to make sure I choose from different brands, so it's not too boring for you either. This week I actually used lipsticks from 6 brands and managed to choose a variety of shades too, so not too bad. We'll see how the last 9 days go, although this has been good fun, my Guerlain and Chanel lipsticks are calling my name. It's funny though as I suspect many of you out there don't even have 60 lipsticks, but obviously I get bored quickly and need to have a lot of them to keep me happy.


Anyway these are the lipsticks I wore this week:
1. Lancome L'Absolu Rouge in shade 350
2. No7 Moisture Drench lipstick in 50 Cameo
3. L'Occitane Pivoine Flora lipstick in 02 Rose Pique
4. Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in 440 Cherries In The Snow
5. Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in 148 Summer Pink
6. Mac Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Full Speed
7. Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in 415 Pink In The Afternoon

Find out what I thought about these lipsticks and see swatches (including lip swatches) after the jump!



My favourite lipstick of the bunch was probably Revlon Cherries In The Snow. As I've said before about the Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, they are so lovely, creamy, long wearing, moisturising. Sadly I only have one more left to wear in this challenge as I also wore Pink In The Afternoon this week, which is a light peachy pink colour. It's probably my least favourite of the 4 Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks that I own, not because it's bad, but with it being the lightest, it stays on for a lot less long than the others. Still it is nice and creamy and feels great on the lips.

My least favourite of the lot was L'Occitane Rose Pique lipstick. It's very sheer and doesn't last at all long (an hour, maybe an hour and a half?). It's nice if you don't want to look like your wearing lipstick, it gives a nice sheen and it does feel nice on the lips, but you will need to reapply it all the time.

I wore Mac Full Speed Sheen Supreme lipstick in this look in case you've missed it. There's also a lipswatch if you scroll down. Unfortunately I only managed to take two lip swatch pictures as I was very busy last week and also not feeling well (still not great, but you have to soldier on, eh?).

Okay, well that's all for now. Let me know if you have questions and I'll be back in a week or so with the last 9 lipsticks from this challenge. Make sure you check out the swatches below though! And also, don't forget to check out my blog sale and giveaway!

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken with flash

Mac Full Speed

Revlon Pink In The Afternoon

1 comment:

  1. I think you DEFINITELY need Cherries in the Snow. ;) You are very welcome to use the idea, I'll look forward to reading about your challenge. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...