Monday 13 February 2012

Guerlain Spring 2012 Collection - Ecrin 4 Couleurs 11 Les Roses Swatches and Review

I was very excited about the Guerlain Spring 2012 Collection as you know, and finally it hit our shores (and counters), so I could purchase the products I was missing. I picked up Les Roses eyeshadow quad and couldn't wait to use it, it is pure prettiness. I know some people are afraid of pink eyeshadows, but I personally love them, they work fine with my dark brown eyes and lashings of mascara. Also the pink shades in this eyeshadow quad are actually very wearable.


With this quad you get a dark mauve colour that you can use in the crease or as a liner, it's gorgeous, pigmented and very smooth. This is possibly my favourite shade form the quad. You also get a pearly light pink highlighter shade, and two almost identical pink shades, although one is more satin finish, bit darker and a little bit more purple. I'm not certain you need two shades so close to each other, perhaps they could've made them a bit more different, but the quad is still very nice, pigmented and smooth. I did a really nice look with it that I'll share with you soon. The quad costs £37 and you get 7.2g of eyeshadows, which is not too bad at all. I believe both this and the Les Aqua eyeshadow quad are joining the permanent line, so you don't have to rush out to get it.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!









Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

And here's a picture of my perfect new Cruel Gardenia highlighter. After the first one arriving with a small dent, I couldn't not get a brand new intact back up, could I? Also as I've used it quite a bit now, it's looking a bit less than perfect anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I love Cruel Gardenia so much!
    Best Highlighter ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...