Sunday 25 March 2012

Laura Geller Eye Elements Baked Eye Shadow And Highlighter in Meadow Skies

If you're wondering why this product looks so familiar, then don't worry, the answer is you've seen it before a few times on this blog - well, with different colours anyway. This is now the 4th version of Laura Geller Eye Elements Baked Eye Shadow and Highlighter that I've picked up and reviewed on here. If you are interested in the other three, they can be found at the following links: Amethyst Skies, Sahara Skies and Smoke & Ice.


Once again, the compact contains 3 baked eyeshadows and a highlighter which can be used on the face or the eyes. The size of the compact (8 g, same size as the Blush n Brighten compacts) means that it's easy to use the shades individually and the highlighter portion is big enough for a blush brush, so you don't end up picking up the shadows at the same time. The shades work very well together, you get a golden khaki green/old gold shade, a frosty rose gold and a forest green, and the highlighter is a very pale white gold (think Nars Albatross in baked form). The rose gold shade is the frostiest of the bunch, the forest green shade is more satiny and the khaki/old gold shade is in between. The highlighter is quite frosty and has some very fine glitter, but it's still quite subtle for daytime looks. They are all really smooth and the eyeshadows stayed in place without creasing all day. There was minimal fallout during application which is expected with baked products and doesn't bother me at all.

I don't know what collection this came out with because I tend to buy my Laura Geller stuff on eBay, but I'm pretty sure it was part of one of those QVC value sets. I picked mine up for $20 which I feel is a good price for this. Once again, I'm happy with this product and would recommend you check it out if you can.

I will soon be posting a look I did with this compact, so be sure to check back soon. For now see lots more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...