Friday 16 March 2012

Stila In The Moment Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

Another day, another Stila palette. This is practically the same as the In The Garden palette, only it's purple. Okay, it's not the same, but very similar, it has the same issues (no mirror, useless quote from someone I don't know or care about for that matter) and it also contains 10 eyeshadows, a smudge stick eyeliner and a booklet.


Let's just talk about the colours rather than repeating everything I said about the In The Garden palette, shall we? This time we only have one matte (Desire) which is the same disappear-on-my-skintone shade as Nectar in the other palette, perhaps a bit pinker. It's pretty, but not very interesting. I do love the other shades very much, love it that there's several purples in the palette as well as a few neutrals. Glance (middle one on the top row) is a beautiful midtone purple with a subtle sheen, probably my most favourite shade in the palette. I also love Catalyst (top row, far right) which is a blackened purple with purple shimmer (think Mac Young Punk mineralize eyeshadow) and looks beautiful as a liner. I'm sporting it on my top lashline as I type. Instinct is a nice, although rather frosty highlighter shade. My least favourite is probably Improvise, a satiny plum colour that hasn't got a very good colour payoff and looks rather dull blended out. Perhaps this one will work better wet. Otherwise I'm happy with this palette, for me it's the nicer of the two Stila spring palettes.

Once again you get a full size smudge stick as well, this time it's Tetra, a dark purple one with purple shimmer. It compliments the purple shades well, although not sure how it would work with the shades in the bottom row. A more plumy eyeliner would work better with those I think.

Just like the In The Garden palette this costs £25 and you get 14 g of eyeshadows and 0.28 g of eyeliner. Available from BeautyBay, although I bought mine on eBay because I wasn't sure whether we were getting this.

See lots of pictures including swatches after the jump!






Top row: Instinct, Impulse, Glance, Improvise, Catalyst
Bottom row: Desire, Wonder, Spontaneous, Whim, Captivate

Top row: Instinct, Impulse, Glance
Bottom row: Desire, Wonder, Spontaneous

Top row: Glance, Improvise, Catalyst
Bottom row: Spontaneous, Whim, Captivate

Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Tetra

Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Tetra

<
Instinct, Impulse, Glance, Improvise, Catalyst
Taken with flash

Desire (the invisible shade on the left), Wonder, Spontaneous, Whim, Captivate, Tetra
Taken with flash

Instinct, Impulse, Glance, Improvise, Catalyst
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Desire (the invisible shade on the left), Wonder, Spontaneous, Whim, Captivate, Tetra
Taken without flash in natural daylight

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the very few large palette that I have. I much prefer matte shades as highlighters (I know you don't) so this suits me fine.

    I'd love to see you do a look with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you're in luck, I have a gold and purple FOTD coming up soon! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...