Thursday 19 July 2012

Sephora Moonshadow Trios in Bermuda Triangle and Dusk Till Dawn - Review and Swatches

I bought these eyeshadow trios from Sephora last month when I ordered the new Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows and I was looking for something else to order to offset the shipping cost. I like baked eyeshadows, so I thought I'd give these a go. I have only used one of them so far, but swatched both, so I thought I'd share them with you anyway.

Bermuda Triangle,  Dusk Till Dawn

Both shadows contain 3 shades, Bermuda Triangle has yellow gold, copper and teal, and Dusk Till Dawn includes light violet, light pink and mauve. The shadows are big enough for the shades to be used separately, although you need to be quite careful when using the middle shade as the strip isn't very wide. The colour payoff for these was actually very good, which can be an issue with baked shadows. I only tried them dry, but I'm guessing the colours would be even more intense when used wet. I have only used Dusk Till Dawn on my eyes, haven't tried Bermuda Triangle, but they both swatched very nicely and when used, Dusk Till Dawn didn't have any significan fallout, other than a tiny bit during application. The colours stayed vivid and the shadows didn't crease on me at all.

Sephora recommends that you use the top shade on your lid, then the bottom shade in the crease and the middle strip to highlight the browbone. I mixed it up and used the violet shade on the lid, mauve in the crease and light pink to highlight. With Bermuda Triangle I would probably use the gold to highlight, copper on the lid and teal in the crease, I really don't think the copper would look good on the browbone. The copper strip reminded me of the Mac Red She Said mineralize eyeshadow trios but it is actually much nicer than them, although it is chunkier than the rest of the shades, it's still pretty smooth and has a great colour payoff.

The eyeshadows weight 1.8 g each and cost €14.90 each (roughly £12) from Sephora.fr. They come in 6 colour combinations.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



Bermuda Triangle,  Dusk Till Dawn

Bermuda Triangle,  Dusk Till Dawn
Taken with flash

Bermuda Triangle,  Dusk Till Dawn
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Bermuda Triangle,  Dusk Till Dawn
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Finally a few pictures of my entire Sephora order, the samples included and that gorgeous black and white box.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...