Thursday 1 November 2012

Stila Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Set

First of all, apologies for the lack of posts over the last couple of days, but I've been very busy with my children. On Wednesday we spent the day preparing for Halloween, carved 4 pumpkins, decorated the house and I even did my first ever face painting. Today's been more about shopping, food as well as make up, I went to the Boots Points Event and to the Mac counter to pick up some of the new products from the holiday collection. Incidentally, I'm really behind with taking pictures and swatching, so there may be a small gap in posting, but normal service should resume come Tuesday.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired now, so this is going to be a very quick look at one of Stila's holiday offerings. What we have here is a set of 5 full size Smudge Sticks.


I just love great value sets and this is definitely one of those. You get £65 worth of eyeliners for £25. What's not to like? Smudge Sticks are very good eyeliners,they are waterproof and smudge-proof, they last for hours even on my waterline.

In this set you get Stargazer (black with gold and silver pearl), Angelfish (metallic pewter), Tetra (deep shimmery purple), Moray (golden olive shimmer) and Oscar Fish (warm brown with gold pearl). I believe that out of the 4 only Oscar Fish is limited edition, I only owned Tetra and Moray, so even that way it was worth buying as individually they cost £13 each. I can only see Moray listed on the Stila website, my Tetra came with one of the palettes, so I don't actually know if you can buy Stargazer or Angekfish separately. Maybe in the US?

My only criticism of Smudge Sticks is that you get very little for your money. While Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners contain 1.2 g, these Stila ones only contain 0.28 g each! However, these come in a plastic pencil and instead of sharpening them, you just twist them up as and when you need to. So I gues you save quite a bit that you would lose with sharpening, but I still think these could contain more product.

Other than that, Stila Smudge Sticks are great eyeliners and this set is certainly worth getting if you like them and don't already own many of the shades.

See more pictures after the jump!







Stargazer

Stargazer

Angelfish

Angelfish

Tetra

Tetra

Moray

Moray

Oscar Fish

Oscar Fish

Stargazer, Anglefish, Tetra, Moray, Oscar Fish
Taken with flash

Stargazer, Anglefish, Tetra, Moray, Oscar Fish
Taken without flash in natural daylight

3 comments:

  1. These look beautiful! You can get the gold and silver shades they released last year on eBay (Koi and Silver Dollar) but I can't quite bring myself to pay the £19 (here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say thank you for swatching these. I am taking advantage of the Sephora sale and couldn't decide between these, the Urban Decay set, or the new Bare Minerals set. I'm going with these because I love the colors, love Stila smudge sticks, and love not having to use a sharpener.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...