Thursday 14 March 2013

Topshop Holographic Nail Polish Swatches

I have been on a MASSIVE nail polish kick (especially holographic nail polish!) lately, even though I shouldn't be buying any more, so expect to see a few more nail polish posts here on the blog.

I picked up these holo beauties on a recent trip to Topshop as I'd seen them on their website. I was a bit worried they might not turn out very holographic, but to my surprise these are actually pretty good. The holo effect isn't as smooth as the China Glaze Hologlam polishes, the holo particles are bigger in the Topshop ones. The effect is more similar to the Color Club Halo Hues polishes (maybe I should swatch all 12 of those too), but less strong.


The colours are nice, but nothing special, you get a silver one, a pale blue one and a pink one. I hope they come out with more colours as these are really nice polishes and at £6 for 8 ml each. I've yet to wear them, but they swatched really nicely and dried quickly and you can see for yourself how pretty they are. Now if only Urban outfitters sold their holo polishes in the UK...

See more pictures after the jump!

All pictures were taken in direct sunlight without flash.


Winterfrost, Moondance, Wistful

Winterfrost, Moondance, Wistful

Winterfrost, Moondance, Wistful

Here's a comparison to the China Glaze Hologlam polishes, you can see how much smoother those are, but equally the holo effect is pretty similar strengthwise. I'm wearing China Glaze Strap On Your Moonboots by the way.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! UK polish companies have certainly upped teir game :) I fully understand why you'd hauled these, Ani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the silver and I love it! Didn't see the other colours but I'm definitely going to get those.

    Ashleigh x
    bellesnbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...